Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Brothers + Sisters= Fighting..its in the rule book

Aah sibling love at its finest.  The title above was my brother's excuse as a child for why we would never get along.  I remember when we were kids, my older brother Chance and I fought like cats and dogs.  I wanted to ride in the front seat and he wanted the big piece of chicken.  I wanted to play Power Rangers and he wanted to play Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  We all obviously know that the Pink Power Ranger could kick the turtle Michelangelo's butt any day of the week!  He would never admit that of course and that was all the fuel we needed to start another epic argument.

I don't want you to misunderstand.  Sure we've had our little tiffs here and there, but nothing ever heavy enough to permanantly seperate us for good.  "Revenge is a dish best served cold."  I think we both took that quote to heart during our many years under one roof.  Pranks were usually the main course accompanied with a side dish of irritation and hilarity to drink.  I might have told on Chance for breaking the rules, getting into my things or scaring me half to death. And he might have gotten me back by puttting spit balls in my ketchup or hooking a giant pair of underwear to my jacket in Walmart.  I have yet to get him back for that one! 

There still might be a bit of a rivalry, but we get along great now that we don't live together and have grown up a little. Granted I yell at him for driving to fast and he yells at me for touching his car stereo, but I couldn't ask for a better older brother. (Side note: My other older brother Tyson is not mentioned in this post for three reasons, we didn't grow up together, he isn't annoying, and he is my partner in crime in coming up with prank ideas against Chance.)  I love both of my older brothers, but in the early words of my older yet younger brother, "We can't get along to well or the Ninja Turtles will be forced to fight the Power Rangers resulting in the end of the world as we know it!"
                                                                                      
                                                                                    


No comments:

Post a Comment